BY-LAWS OF WESTON HILLS MEN’S GOLF ASSOCIATION
THE NAME OF THE ASSOCIATION SHALL BE "WESTON HILLS MEN’S GOLF ASSOCIATION (WHMGA)."
THE PURPOSE OF THE ORGANIZATION SHALL BE TO PROMOTE THE INTEREST OF GOLF AMONG THE MEN PLAYERS OF WESTON HILLS COUNTRY CLUB ("CLUB").
ARTICLE III – BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The business affairs of this association shall be managed and conducted by a Board of Directors composed of the Chairman, Co-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and three additional board members comprising a total of seven members on the board who shall be elected at the annual meeting. The "term of office" for the board will be a period of two (2) years in association with the following provisions:
- There shall be seven board members. Four board members will be elected one year and three the following year. This sequence will continue to repeat in each following year. The board members will be voted into office by the membership at the Annual Meeting each December and the term of office will begin January 1 of the following year. The new board will elect its officers for the next year.
- The term for all new board members will be two (2) years. No member shall serve more than two consecutive terms unless the board votes to make an exception for an individual.
The Board of Directors shall have power to fill any vacancy in their number and the office of Chairman and/or Co-Chairman until the next annual election.
In addition, the Board of Directors shall have power to call special meetings of the Association when, in their discretion, the same shall be necessary or advisable.
The Board of Directors shall meet at the call of the Chairman or Co-Chairman. A majority of its members present shall constitute a quorum.
ARTICLE IV – MEETINGS
The Chairman shall preside at all meetings of the Association and at meetings of the Board of Directors. In general, he shall perform the duties inherent to his office. He shall act as a member ax-officio of all the standing committees.
During the absence or disability of the Chairman, the Co-Chairman shall perform his duties. He shall also act as a member ax-officio with the Chairman on all committees.
The Secretary shall keep the records of all meetings of the Association and the Board of Directors. When notices are to be sent out he shall send them. He shall have charge of all papers and correspondence of the Association.
The Treasurer shall keep an accurate account of all funds received by him depositing such monies in the name and to the credit of the Association in such depository as shall be designated by the Board of Directors. He shall present at each business meeting of the Association a written report of the finances of the Association and shall make like report whenever requested by the Board of Directors. In general, he shall perform the duties inherent to his office.
ARTICLE V – COMMITTEES
It shall be the duty of the Board of Directors as soon as possible after their election to appoint the Chairmen of the following Standing Committees:
- Golf Committee - It shall be the duty of the Chairman of the Golf Committee, assisted by its members, to set all tournament dates and arrange all the schedules of the same. He shall work within the guidelines established by the USGA handicap system to determine the handicap limit within which the members shall be eligible for tournament play. He shall provide a member of his committee to be present and personally conduct each tournament played. This committee shall also make recommendations to the Board on the type of tournaments to be played.
- Membership Committee - It shall be the duty of the Membership Committee to do all things necessary to promote interest and encourage current members who are eligible to join the Association and to with the Weston Hills Membership Office to obtain new member information. Also, the Membership Committee shall maintain accurate membership records.
- Rules and Handicap Committee - It shall be the duty of the Handicap Committee to work within the guidelines of the USGA to insure the proper maintenance of each individual’s verified handicap. This committee shall also be responsible foe rule interpretations.
- House and Grounds Committee - The House and Grounds Committee shall be responsible for recommendations concerning the maintenance and condition of the golf course.
- Social Committee - It shall be the duty of the Social Committee to plan social events for the Association and work with the Golf Committee to coordinate the social aspects of the tournaments when applicable.
ARTICLE VI – MEMBERSHIP
Membership in this organization shall be open to any full men’s golf member over the age of eighteen (18).
Annual dues, as determined by the Board of Directors, shall be payable to WHMGA. Annual dues, (currently at $75) must be received by the Treasurer upon submission of the application of membership. The Club will automatically bill each prior WHMGA member for the following year’s dues. The Club will also bill all new members.
ARTICLE VII – EXPENSES
Current expenses shall be met from the general Association fund.
The Association’s operating year shall be concurrent with the Country Club’s membership year from October 1 through September 30.
ARTICLE VIII – MEETINGS
The annual general election meeting of the Association shall be held in last month of every year.
Fifty one percent (51%) of the members shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
Special meetings may be called at any time by the Chairman or the Board of Directors and at the written request to the Chairman of at least fifteen (15) of the members. The Secretary shall notify all members of such meetings. There shall be at least one meeting per month of the Board of Directors. There shall be a least one meeting of the general membership in addition to the November annual meeting.
ARTICLE IX – DISCIPLINE
Acceptance of the membership shall bind each member to uphold all rules of the Association, to observe the laws, rules and etiquette of golf as set forth by the USGA and to accept and observe all decisions of the Board of Directors acting within its jurisdiction.
All disputes in each match or medal play shall be reported to the Golf Committee or Rules Committee as soon as the match is ended for their decision, which shall be binding.
ARTICLE – ELECTION OF BOARD MEMBERS
Nominations for the board membership shall be made by a nominating committee consisting of a Nominating Committee Chairman, chosen by the board, and four (4) members. Notice of all nominations shall be posted for two (2) weeks prior to the annual meeting. Nominations other than from the Nominating Committee are welcome and shall be submitted to the Nominating Committee to be posted for two (2) weeks on the WHMGA bulletin board.
The members of the Nominating Committee shall be chosen by the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE XI – ORDER OF BUSINESS AT THE ANNUAL MEETING
The following order of business shall be observed at the annual meeting: Reading of minutes of previous meeting; Secretary’s Report; Treasurer’s Report; Report of Standing Committees; Old Business – Year in Review; New Business; Election of Officers; Adjournment.
ARTICLE XII – AMENDMENTS
These by-laws articles may be amended at any annual or special meeting of the Association by a two-thirds vote of those present and voting; provided that proposed amendments have been submitted in writing to the Board of Directors at least four (4) weeks before being voted on, provided also that a written notice has been made available to all members of the Association at least two (2) weeks prior to such meeting.